Here at DevaCurl, we offer three different gels—Light Defining Gel, Ultra Defining Gel, and Arc AnGEL Gel. The main difference between each gel is their hold level with Light Defining Gel being our lightest hold gel, Ultra Defining Gel giving you a strong hold, and Arc AnGEL Gel providing maximum hold.
Today, we’re going to be breaking down how to use Light Defining Gel, who it’s right for, the key ingredients, and more!
What is Light Defining Gel?
Like we mentioned, Light Defining Gel is our lightest hold gel. This soft hold gel gives you the definition you’re looking for without leaving your waves or curls feeling crunchy! It also helps fight frizz, enhances shape, and amplifies shine and bounce.
Like our other gels, Light Defining Gel does leave a curl cast on your hair which you need to scrunch out once your curls are dry.
What’s in it?
Light Defining Gel is formulated with wheat and soy proteins that help enhance shine and bounce.
Is it for Me?
We usually recommend Light Defining Gel for people with curly hair but your choice in gels really all depends on the level of hold you’re looking for. If you’re someone who washes their hair pretty frequently, Light Defining Gel may be the one for you. On the opposite side of the spectrum, if you like to really extend your wash days, you may want to go for a stronger hold gel like Ultra Defining Gel or Arc AnGEL Gel.
If you have wavy hair, you probably want to opt for a stronger hold gel to really provide that definition and wave enhancement.
Check out the video below to learn more about the differences between our gels to help you figure out what gel is right for you!
How Do I Use It?
- As with all of our styling products, we recommend applying Light Defining Gel to soaking wet hair.
- After distributing some of the product into the palm of your hand, flip your hair over and glide the gel from the nape of your neck to the ends.
- Scrunch for definition or if you’re looking for elongation, rake or use the prayer hands technique.
- Use the DevaTowel to scrunch upwards and help enhance the curl shape.
- Air-dry or diffuse, shake at the root and scrunch through your mid-lengths and ends to soften the curl cast!
Have any questions about Light Defining Gel? Leave them below!